To celebrate the first Echidna Sewalong for Aussie Heroes, I have created my own laundry bag design, which is simple and easy to make. I have added the laundry design to both the front and the back using a Brother ScanNCut machine. However, if you’re into embroidery and would prefer to embroider this design, you can download those files instead.
Front & Back
To create this bag I have cut two of the following size pieces for both the front and the back.
You will also need to cut two black lining pieces at 22″ x 32″.
I have added a door tab so that you can hook your laundry bag over the handle. To include this in your laundry bag you need to cut one 7″ x 3″ piece of fabric.
- Fold in half (along the red line shown below), placing the wrong sides together.
- Sew 1/4″ in along the 7″ edge.
- Turn your fabric inside out so that the correct side is showing.
- Iron this flat and now you can insert this tab in the center, between the top two front pieces on the back of your laundry bag.
To complete the laundry bag please follow the Laundry Bag pattern and instructions (pdf) by Aussie Heroes.
ScanNCut Laundry Design
I have used the Brother ScanNCut and the Flex Vinyl Media to complete the ‘Laundry’ design on the front and the back. To complete this design you can download the file below onto a USB and then insert directly into your ScanNCut machine. The design has already been reversed for you.
- Download the ScanNCut Laundry FCM File
Embroidery Laundry Design
These designs have been automatically digitised using Perla Premium. If you would like to digitise your own size embroidery design using your embroidery digitising software you can download the Laundry WMF file.
- Download Embroidery Design (zip) – 180mm x 300mm hoop (Original Size)
- Download Embroidery Design (zip) – 200mm x 200mm hoop
- Download Embroidery Design (zip) – 180mm x 130mm hoop
Please ensure you do a test run before embroidering onto your fabric.
Laundry Bag Front
Laundry Bag Back
Laundry Bag ScanNCut Design
If you’re interested in creating your own laundry bag for Aussie Heroes please read more about it on the Echidna Sewing Blog. You can also find many more inspiring versions created by our wonderful customers on the Echidna Sewing & Embroidery Community.
4 thoughts on “Aussie Heroes Laundry Bag”
Where do we send these bags once completed
If you would like to donate your laundry bag to Aussie Heroes please do either of the following:
1. Drop it off to any of the four Echidna store locations
2. Or post it to Aussie Heroes address: PO Box 248, Cherrybrook, NSW 2126