Let’s help make Happy Help by sewing for Koala Kids
Our February sewalong is dedicated to Koala Kids Foundation, an organization which provides the small things that bring happiness to children and young people (3 – 24 years) undergoing cancer treatment.
We can brighten their day by sewing special keepsakes to include in their very own Happy Bags, which are full of comforting and practical items for them and their families to use during hospital stays.
They promise that each and every item created will find its way to children and young people undergoing cancer treatment.
- February Sewalong will run from 1st – 28th February, 2017
- We are asking you to provide an item of your choice, which can be folded to fit inside a Happy Bag with the other items (Bag is 300mm deep x 250mm wide)
- Items may include a pillow case (silk, one side not embroidered), a cotton hand towel or face washer, a cotton drawstring bag (plastic lined for toiletries), a small zip purse, a larger, flat toy or Lego bag, a pencil case etc.
Please see more ideas for children’s sewing on our Kid’s Sewing Pinterest page.
Add a little Embroidery!
The fun part is embroidering the Koala Kids orange ‘smiley nose’ into your design.
There are a few ways you can use these embroidery designs to compliment your project.
Embroider one or a few full colour smiley noses onto your project for the children to find.
- Download Full Colour Smiley Embroidery Design (zip, 130kb)
Or download the outline embroidery design to stitch on suitable fabrics for the children or family members to colour in.
- Download Outline Smiley Embroidery Designs (zip, 19kb)
Both embroidery designs will fit in a 4″ x 4″ (10cm x 10cm) hoop.