Hemingworth is a new force in the World of Embroidery … Combining Old World Craftsmanship with New Age Technology.
Hemingworth was founded on the belief that quality and craftsman-ship should be enhanced through technology. For decades, embroiderers have faced challenges with their embroidery thread, mostly due to the thread spool itself. Relatively unchanged for over a century, the traditional thread spool could not keep up with faster embroidery machines and new thread capabilities.
Recognizing the need for change, the Hemingworth team designed a new thread spool to eliminate these problems and facilitate more efficient embroidery. A Hemingworth spool is designed to be both a smooth thread guide and a protective storage solution. But a new spool itself is not enough. For exceptional embroidery, exceptional thread must also be used.
Through years of research, Hemingworth found an embroidery thread that is not only vibrant and glossy, but also strong and colourfast. Hemingworth was born when the Old World craftsmanship of this remarkable thread was combined with the new-age technology of their revolutionary thread spool system.
The Hemingworth Spool and Cap System – what’s it all about …
- The protective cap preserves thread quality by blocking dust, oil and other harmful elements.
- The removable stopper traps thread, preventing unraveling and tangling during storage.
- The protective cap delivers thread smoothly off the spool during embroidery—decreasing both snagging and thread breaks.
- This strong, vibrant, colourfast embroidery thread is available in a wide range of colours.
- Each 1,000 metre Poly/Select spool can be positioned in multiple directions, resulting in a smooth feed every time.
Hemingworth® also produce a quality 75/2 weight filament Bobbin Fill, which is available in both Black and White 1500 metre spools.
Thread Conversion Charts
- Isacord® to Hemingworth (PDF, 93kb)
- Robinson-Anton® to Hemingworth (PDF, 109kb)
- Madeira® to Hemingworth (PDF, 98kb)
- Brother to Hemingworth (PDF, 22kb)
- Sulky® to Hemingworth (PDF, 61kb)
Hemingworth Colour Card
The unique, spiral binding on the Hemingworth Colour Card allows you to easily flip though each colour card, which includes actual thread samples with the colour names and numbers.
The thread samples are aligned to the edge of each card to allow for convenient colour matching.
A handy index provides all of the information that you need in order to easily locate a thread colour number.